Seoul National University (BA, MBA)
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business (PhD)
2020~, Full Professor of Marketing, Yonsei University
2015~2020, Associate Professor of Marketing, Yonsei University
2010-2015, Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
Branding, Consumer Behavior
Delay Discounting, Sensory Marketing
주요 연구 논문 및 저서
PUBLICATION (Top-tier journals)
7. He Jia, B. Kyu Kim, & Lin Ge (2020), "Speed Up, Size Down: How Animated Movement Speed in Product Videos Influences Size Assessment and Product Evaluation," Journal of Marketing.
6. Cheryl Wakslak & B. Kyu Kim (2015), “Controllable Objects Seem Closer,” Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 144, 522-527.
5. B. Kyu Kim & Gal Zauberman (2013), “Can Victoria’s Secret Change the Future? A Subjective Time Perception Account of Sexual Cue Effects on Impatience,” Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 142, 328-335.
4. B. Kyu Kim, Gal Zauberman, & James Bettman (2012), “Space, Time, and Intertemporal Preferences,” Journal of Consumer Research, 39, 867-880.
3. Zauberman, Gal, B. Kyu Kim, Selin Malkoc, & James Bettman (2009), “Discounting Time and Time Discounting: Subjective Time Perception and Intertemporal Preferences,” Journal of Marketing Research, 46, 543-556.
2. Zauberman, Gal, Rebecca. K. Ratner, & B. Kyu Kim (2009), “Memories as Assets: Strategic Memory Protection through Avoidance and Acquisition,” Journal of Consumer Research, 35, 715-728.
1. Choi, Jinhee, B. Kyu Kim, Incheol Choi, & Youjae Yi (2006), “Variety-Seeking in Choice for Others: Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Causes,” Journal of Consumer Research, 32, 590-595.
7. B. Kyu Kim, Jinhee Choi, & Cheryl Wakslak (2019), "The Image Realism Effect: The Effect of Unrealistic Product Images in Advertising," Journal of Advertising, 48(3), 251-270.
6. B. Kyu Kim & Gal Zauberman (2019), "The effect of music tempo on consumer impatience in intertemporal decisions," European Journal of Marketing, 53(3), 504-523.
5. B. Kyu Kim & Gal Zauberman (2019), "Psychological time and intertemporal preference," Current Opinion in Psychology, 26, 90-93.
4. Cooper, Joseph Kable, B. Kyu Kim, and Gal Zauberman (2013), “Brain Activity in Valuation Regions while Thinking about the Future Predicts Individual Discount Rates,” Journal of Neuroscience, 33, 13150-13156.
3. Zauberman, Gal and B. Kyu Kim (2012), “Time Perception and Retirement Saving: Lessons from Behavioral Decision Research,” in Olivia S. Mitchell and Annamaria Lusardi, eds., Financial Literacy: Implications for Retirement Security and the Financial Marketplace, Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
2. B. Kyu Kim & Gal Zauberman (2009), “Perception of Anticipatory Time in Temporal Discounting,” Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology and Economics, 2, 91-101.
1. Ratner, Rebecca K., Dilip Soman, Gal Zauberman, Dan Ariely, Ziv Carmon, Punam A. Keller, B. Kyu Kim, Fern Lin, Selin Malkoc, Deborah A. Small, and Klaus Wertenbroch (2008), “How Behavioral Decision Research can Enhance Consumer Welfare: From Freedom of Choice to Paternalistic Intervention,” Marketing Letters, 19 (3-4), 383-397.
주요 학술활동 및 수상
Winner, Journal of Marketing Research, Paul E. Green Award (2010)
Winner, Journal of Marketing Research, William F. O’Dell Award (2014)
Winner, Journal of Consumer Research, Robert Ferber Award (2013)
Finalist, Journal of Consumer Research, Best Article Award (Finalist, 2013)