- 전공 회계
Ph.D. University of Southern California
- 연구실 경영관 618
- 연락처 02-2123-5474
- 이메일 email@example.com
2013 Ph.D., University of Southern California
2003 MBA, KAIST
2001 BBA, Yonsei University
2020 - 연세대학교 부교수
2023.3 - 경영전문대학원 부원장
2023.3 - BK21 참여교수
2022.3 - EMBA 운영주임교수
2021 - 연세대학교 ESG/기업윤리연구센터 연구위원
2017 - 2020 Alliance Manchester Business School 조교수
2013 - 2016 Bocconi University 조교수
2003 - 2007 삼성전자주식회사
2000 - 2002 이미지드롬
Undergraduate: Principles of Accounting (II) - management accounting
MBA: Management Accounting, Financial Accounting
관리회계 분야: management control system, incentives, compensation, corporate governance, corporate innovation, corporate social responsibility, disclosure
주요 연구 논문 및 저서
Jonghwan (Simon) Kim
and Kyeongheum Ra. 2022. Employee Satisfaction and Asymmetric Cost Behavior: Evidence from Glassdoor. Economics Letters. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2022.110829
Jonghwan (Simon) Kim,
Heung-Jae Jeon, and Grace Goun Kim. 2022. Overconfidence or competence? Your employees know. Economics Letters. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2022.110580
Jonghwan Kim. 2020. Do Previous Promotion Awards Affect Current Decisions? Investigation of Intertemporal Correlations of Personnel Decisions. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business 11(4): 1-19.
Jonghwan (Simon) Kim.
2020. When Organizational Performance Matters for Personnel Decisions: Executives’ Career Patterns in a Conglomerate. Management Accounting Research 49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mar.2020.100695
KwangJoo Koo and Jonghwan (Simon) Kim
. 2019. CEO Power and Firm Opacity. Applied Economics Letters
26 (10): 791-794. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2018.1497841.
Jonghwan (Simon) Kim
and KwangJoo Koo. 2018. Are Founder CEOs Effective Innovators? Asia Pacific Journal of Financial Studies
47(3): 426-448. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajfs.12217.
Eunok Im, So Hee Jeon, and Jonghwan (Simon) Kim
. 2017. Which Local Self-Governments Seek More Collaboration? Evidence from Interlocal Collaboration for Economic Development in South Korea. Lex localis-Journal of Local Self-Government
15(2): 175–197. https://doi.org/10.4335/15.2.175-197(2017)
- ΒΓΣ Recognition of Scholastic Achievement, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, 2013
- Best Paper Award, Performance Management Association Conference 2012, Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge, 2012
- “Peer Effect of Financial Reporting: Evidence from Innovation Performance” (with Jae B. Kim and KwangJoo Koo) – Under Review (2nd) at Journal of Accounting and Public Policy.
- “The Dark Side of Tournaments: Evidence from Innovation” (with KwangJoo Koo) – Under Review (2nd) at Research in International Business and Finance.
- “Peer Comparison and Management Forecast Behavior” (with KwangJoo Koo) – Under Review (3rd) at Spanish Journal of Finance and Accounting.
- “The Effect of Conscientiousness on Managerial Learning from Stock Prices” (with Heung-Jae Jeon and Grace Goun Kim) – Under Review at Applied Economics.
- “The Spillover Effects of Peers’ Textual Disclosures on Investment Efficiency” (with Ho-Young Lee and Chaewon Lee). Under review at Journal of Business, Finance, & Accounting.
- “The Effect of Politician Stock Ownership on Corporate Tax Strategy” (with KwangJoo Koo, Michael T. Paz, and Michelle Harding) – Under Revision for Strategic Management Journal.
- “Politicians’ Equity Holdings and Corporate Social Responsibility” (with KwangJoo Koo and Michael T. Paz) – Under Revision for The Accounting Review.
- “Multi-Period Target Setting of Summary Financial vs. Strategic Performance Measures” (with Kenneth A. Merchant and Byunghyun Choi) – Under Revision for Contemporary Accounting Research.
- “The role of peers’ financial reporting quality in debiasing investment decisions of overconfident CEOs” (with Heung-Jae Jeon). February 2023.
- “Corporate Reputation and Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure Decisions: Evidence from Twitter” (with Kyeonghuem Ra). February 2023.
- “Firms’ Strategic Dissemination of Tweets of Different Features around Earnings Announcement Date” (with Chaewon Lee). November 2021.
- “The Design and Effects of a Long-Term Performance Plan” (with Byunghyun Choi, Kyungtae Lee, and Kenneth A. Merchant). July 2012. Winner of Best Paper Award, Performance Management Association Conference 2012.