Global MBA Admission Guidelines for 2018
Yonsei Global MBA seeks to bring together a diverse group of participants from around the world with a variety of experiences, academic backgrounds, and abilities. We seek to take in a class size of 50 students to start in the Fall of 2018.
- Program period: End of August 2018 ~ February 2020
- Coursework will be completed by December 2019
- Program consists of 3 semesters (winter/summer sessions also available)
- Number of intakes: Up to 50 students
Applicants are required to possess:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Undergraduate degree or a degree from an equivalent institution
- Should be validated before the program begins
- A good TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC score (TOEFL preferred)
- Taken within two years from the date of application submission
- The institution code for TOEFL is 9893
- This requirement is waived if the applicant completed his/her undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English.
- The following requirements are not mandatory, but highly recommended:
- Minimum two years of work experience
- Satisfactory GMAT or GRE score (The institution code for GMAT is 1637 and GRE is 6236.)
For each of the two rounds, the following phases will take place:
- Phase 1. Application Document Assessment
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of academic records, English proficiency scores, GMAT/GRE, work experience, recommendations, essay, etc.
- Phase 2. Interview with Admission Committee
After an initial review of all applications and supporting materials, successful candidates will be selected for interviews. Applicants will be notified of the interviews via email.
Face-to-face or Skype interviews via the internet will be conducted in English. This allows applicants to demonstrate the essential communication skills required to get the most out of this MBA experience.
Yonsei Global MBA program intake for 2018 will start their studies at the end of August 2018. The admission timetable is as follows for each of the two admission rounds:
|Application Steps||What to do||Schedule |
(Period and /or Deadline)
|Early Admission||Regular Admission|
|Complete the online application form
||Jan 15 to Feb 28, 5pm
||Mar 12 to Apr 16, 5pm
|Submit application documents
via air mail or in-person
|Jan 15 to Feb 28, 5pm
||Mar 12 to Apr 16, 5pm
(Wire transfer only)
|Bank Name : Woori Bank, Yonsei Branch
- Swift Code : HVBKKRSE
- Account Number : To be generated and emailed upon completion of online application
- Application Fee : USD 100 or KRW 120,000 (non-refundable)
* NOTE : The Applicant (sender) is responsible for any bank service charges, such as an International wire transfer fee, to pay the above mentioned amount to Yonsei University
(Please expect around USD 50 for bank wire transfer service charges)
|Jan 15 to Feb 28, 2018
||Mar 12 to Apr 16, 2018
|Interview is offered by invitation (notified via email).
||Notified by mid-March
||Notified by late April
|Face-to-face interview for applicants residing in Korea. Skype interview for applicants residing outside of Korea
|Admission result will be notified via email.
||End of March
|To be announced to the accepted applicants
||End of July, 2018
||End of July, 2018
Global MBA program begins
|Orientation: held in the last week of August
Class begins: September 3 (Mon), 2018
All applicants should complete the application through our online application system and wire transfer the non-refundable application fee, amounting to KRW 120,000 or USD $100. Please submit the following documents by the deadline.
- We only accept original copies of application documents.
- Any certificates or documents that are not in Korean or English should be accompanied with an official certified translation.
|1) A completed and printed online application form (printed form)
||1) Go to the online application system
2) Fill out the online application form
3) Print the completed application form
|2) Application fee payment receipt (KRW 120,000 or USD 100)
||Wire transfer receipt
|3) Official academic transcripts from each college/university attended
||- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities where the applicant attended should be submitted.
- Must be in English, otherwise an official notarized English translation must be provided
|4) Graduation certificates or a photocopy of diploma from each college/university attended
||- Must be in English, otherwise an official notarized English translation must be provided
- If applicant graduated from a university outside of Korea, the release of information form for education record verification should be enclosed.
|5) English proficiency score report (a score on TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC)
||- Test date should be within 2 years from application due date
- No minimum score requirement
- Applicant who completed his/her undergraduate degree in an English-speaking country is exempt from submitting an English Proficiency Test score.
|6) One (1) copy of Essay (download the form)
||- Download the Yonsei Global MBA Essay form and fill out all the requested fields.
|7) Two Recommendation Letters (download the form)
||- Download the Yonsei Global MBA recommendation letter form
- Prepare the recommendation letter from 2 different persons
- Submit the sealed recommendation letters with the application packets or let the recommender send the scanned recommendation letter directly to the admission office by email. (email@example.com)
- If the recommenders are Korean, they can write the letters in Korean.
|8) Documents proving work experience and resume (if applicable)
||- Only work experience with proof document will be recognized for evaluation.
- Work experience certificates issued by the former or current employers.
- Official letters by HR department or supervisor of current or previous workplaces (applicant's work period, contract format - part-time/full-time, position, contact information for a verification should be included)
|9) Release of Information Form (if applicant graduated from a university not in Korea)
||- Release of information form for education record verification (Please download the form.)
10) Passport bio page
- A photocopy of passport bio-page (only for international applicants)
11) GMAT or GRE score report (optional)
- The institution code for GMAT is 1637.
- The institution code for GRE is 6236.
- Evaluation is made according to the YSB’s internal policy and scores are not open to applicants.
- All submitted documents will be the property of Yonsei University and will not be returned or duplicated.
- Application will not be complete until the application fee is received.
- Failure to make tuition payment during the given registration period may result in cancellation of admission.
- Submission of fraudulent or forged documentation will automatically disqualify the applicant from enrollment. A verification process will be followed by the admission process.
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : http://mba.yonsei.ac.kr
- GMBA : http://www.yonsei-gmba.com
- Phone : (82) 2-2123-3254 / Fax : (82) 2-2123-8639
- Skype : yonseiglobalmba
- Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/YonseiGMBA
- Address: Yonsei MBA Office, Yonsei School of Business (#406), 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea, 03722