- Shin, Hyun-Han
- Division Finance
Ph.D. The Ohio State University
- Lab Business Hall #632
- Contact 02-2123-5466
- Email email@example.com
1995 Ph.D. The Ohio State University
1990 MBA. The Ohio State University
1987 B.B.A. Yonsei University
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Assistant, Associate, Full Professor, School of Business, Yonsei University, 2002-present
Assistant Professor, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1998-2002
Associate Professor, California Polytechnic State University, 1996-1998
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Oregon, 1995-1996
Corporate Investment Policy
Security Offerings and Security Regulations
M&A and Restructuring
- Soyeon Kim, Hyun-Han Shin, Seungwon Yu, 2019, Do State-Owned Enterprises Cooperate with Suppliers? Performance Analysis in the Korean Case, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade
- Soyeon Kim, Hyun-Han Shin, Seungwon Yu, 2019, Performance of State-Owned Enterprises During Public Elections: The Case of Korea, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade
- SOYEON KIM, Lee, Kang Ryun, HYUN HAN SHIN, 2017, The enhanced disclosure of executive compensation in Korea, PACIFIC-BASIN FINANCE JOURNAL
- Seun-Young Park, HYUN HAN SHIN, 2016, Family Control, Product Market Competition and Firm Performance, Seoul Journal of Economics
- Park, J, Shin, Hyun Han, Suh, J.H., 2013, Bank Creditor Structure and Bank Risk During Liquidity Crises: A Survey with Policy Implication, International Finance Review
- Pattnaik, C., Jinho Chang, Hyun-Han Shin, 2011, Business groups and corporate transparency in emerging markets: Empirical evidence from India, ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT
- Sangwoo Lee, Kwangwoo Park, Hyun-Han Shin, 2009, Disappearing internal capital markets: Evidence from diversified business groups in Korea, Journal of Banking and Finance
- Tomohiko Inui, JungsooPark, Hyun-Han Shin, 2008, International Comparison of Japanese and Korean Banking Efficiency, SEOUL JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS
- James Jinho Chang, Young Jun Cho, Won Kang, and Hyun-Han Shin, 2007, Value Discount of Business Group Surrounding the Asian Financial Crisis: Evidence from Korean Chaebol, Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics
- JungsooPark, Seung Kyoon Shin, Hyun-Han Shin, 2007, The Intensity and Externality Effects of Information Technology Investments on National Productivity, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT
- James Jinho Chang, Young Jun Cho, Hyun-Han Shin, 2007, The Change in Corporate Transparency of Korean Firms After the Asian Financial Crisis, Journal of Corporate Governance: International Review
- James Jinho Chang, Hyun-Han Shin, 2007, Family Ownership and Performance in Korean Conglomerates, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies
- James Jinho Chang and Hyun-Han Shin, 2006, Governance System Effectiveness Following the Crisis: the case of Korean business group headquarters, Journal of Corporate Governance: International Review
- Vigdis Boasson, Emil Boasson, Alan PacPherson, and Hyun-Han Shin , 2005, Firm Value and Geographic Competitive Advantage: Evidence from the U.S. Pharmaceutical Industry, Journal of Business
- Kevin Y.Kim, KwangwooPark, Ronald A.Ratti, Hyun-Han Shin, 2004, Do Main Banks Extract Rents from their Client Firms? Evidence from Korean Chaebol, Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics
- Kenneth A. Kim, Hyun-Han Shin, 2004, On the Puzzling Increase in the Underpricing of Seasoned Equity Offerings, The Financial Review
- James Jinho Chang, Hyun-Han Shin, 2004, The SEC’s Review of the Registration Statement and Stock Price Movements During the Seasoned Equity Issuance Process, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies
- Yun W. Park and Hyun-Han Shin, 2004, Board Composition and Earnings Management in Canada, Journal of Corporate Finance.
- Hyun-Han Shin and Yong Kim, 2002, Agency Costs and Efficiency of Business Capital Investment: Evidence from Quarterly Capital Expenditures, Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 8, 139-158.
- Dosung Choi, Frank Jen and Hyun-Han Shin, 2000, Causes and Consequences of Korean Financial Crisis: What have failed?, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, Vol. 3, No. 1. 1-26.
- Hyun-Han Shin and Luc Soenen, 2000, Liquidity Management or Profitability - Is There Room for Both?, Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) Exchange, Vol. 20, No. 2, 46-49.
- Hyun-Han Shin and Young S. Park, 1999, Financing Constraints and Internal Capital Markets: Evidence from Korean Chaebols, Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 5, No. 2, 169-191.
- Hyun-Han Shin and Luc Soenen, 1999, Exposure to Currency Risk by U.S. Multinational Corporation, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Vol. 9, 195-207.
- Hyun-Han Shin and René Stulz, 1998, Are Internal Capital Markets Efficient?, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 113, Issue 2, 531-552.
- Hyun-Han Shin and Luc Soenen, 1998, Efficiency of Working Capital Management and Corporate Profitability, Journal of Financial Practice and Education, Vol. 8, No. 2, 37-45.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
Associate Director, Yonsei Business Research Institute, 2005-present
Best Paper Award, Korea Money and Finance Association, 2007
Best Paper Award, Korean Academic of Business Administration, 2007
LG Innotec Outside Director, 2014-2016
Teacher’s Pension Management Committee, 2016
Korea Exchange Court Appraisal Advisory Committee, 2013-2016
Public Fund Performance Evaluation Committee, 2015
Korea Economic Research Institute, Forum Member, 2015-2016
Public Employee Pension Fund Performance Evaluation Committee, 2014
National Pension Fund Alternative Investment Committee, 2014
The Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry Corporate Policy Advisory Committee, 2014-2016